Sunday, August 19, 2012

Tita Luz's 84th Birthday

My family and the rest of the Soyangcos and my grandmother's friends celebrated her 84th birthday last August 11, 2012 at a dinner in her home. My grandmother, Tita Luz, is a younger sister of Tatay (my mother's father), a retired OB-Gyne (and one of the best) and was diagnosed of Alzheimer's disease. Last couple of years, she only recognizes few people like her son, my mother and uncle but this year, she doesn't recognize anyone anymore and doesn't talk anymore. It made me so sad to see her seated in the wheel chair because I grew up seeing her healthy and active but for some reasons, she stopped going out and now she's sick. I'm really hoping we get to celebrate more birthdays, Christmas and New Year with her.

Deep Fried Fish Fillet

Cordon Bleu

Lengua in red sauce

Chicken Parmigiana

Pancit Guisado

Crab and shrimp in coconut milk

Quail Eggs with vegetables


Home made birthday cake

Food Coma

Tita Luz with her friends









No comments: