Friday, August 7, 2015

Spark

I was 17 years old when I fell so deeply in love. I saw this guy for the very first time and at that very moment, I knew I'd fall for him. There was the SPARK. It was magical. I couldn't exactly describe how it felt but I knew it was the right time with the right person, at least 12 years ago. And just like any other young couple, it wasn't meant to be. We broke up, moved on and went to separate paths. Why am I telling this very old story? I never had a real relationship after we broke up. I went out couple of dates but none ever worked out. It has been 11 years. Yup, it was that too long. I am almost 30 and I'd like to think that one of these days I will have the chance to feel that spark with someone again. I'd like to believe that I'd feel it when it is the right time to be with the right person. I don't want to lose hope. At one point while I was recovering from that old relationship of mine, I almost gave up. I became so hesitant in meeting new people. My world revolved with the person whom I lost long, long time ago. I thought maybe I wasn't ready to be with someone (as if there was someone to be with). I never dated for years. I tried but I always screw up. So I guess I will have to wait for that magical moment where I would feel the spark and maybe when I fall in love, it will be for good.

No comments: