Monday, April 26, 2010

One stressful day

Hiring.

I woke up this morning with a text message from my OIC informing me that one of our team members will be resigning soon and another one might take a leave because of pregnancy. In other words, we need more team members so I need to hire more. Today, I checked all the resume we have collected. Good thing there are female applicants. I'm off to interview them next week after the Mega Sale. I hope I'll get to hire at least 4. We badly need team members.

Payroll.

Last Saturday, we had a meeting about current changes from the head office. I was informed that my deadline for payroll is on the next day after the cut off. Meaning, for the 1st to 15th of the month, my deadline is on the 16th and for the 16th to end of the month, my deadline is on the 1st of the following month. Aside from that, I have to learn this new payroll system on my own! I think 2 months from now, the entire KR will be using it for more accurate payroll system. I wish there's a seminar that I could attend so I can learn the whole process. Without it, the man hours will be computed manually.

Schedule.

I only finished 3 schedules. I have to work on the Mega Sale schedule until tomorrow since I won't be going to work for 2 days. On 3 day Mega Sale, we are expecting huge number of guests so I need to properly staffed all the stations so we can have smooth running operation.

Cat fight.

This afternoon at work, I went out of the store for like 5 to 10 minutes to go to an ATM machine. When I went back to the store, I saw team members having an argument that led to a fight. We asked those who were involved to go inside the office so we can all talk about it. I have been in Megamall for more than a month and never did I imagine that these people will do such things. I am so embarrassed because people from other store were able to witness it. I got mad that I told them if it happens again, I will send them back to their agency.



No comments: