Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I carried a picture of him.....

There was this card I bought years ago because of the message written on it. It caught my attention and thought it perfectly describes how I felt for that man I was so in love with. It's so nice to find this message over the internet because I have already forgotten couple of lines.

I carried a picture of you
ever since I was young and believed
in fairy tales.
I carried a picture of you
through all the times love let me down
and through all the times
I thought that I would never meet you in this life.
I carried a picture of you,
not in my pocket, but in my heart.
I didn't know what you would look like,
but I knew what it would feel like
to finally know you
and be with you-
safe and protected and accepted-
like I'd found my home.

No comments: