Monday, August 12, 2013

Chicken with spinach, zucchini and mushroom pasta



This afternoon, I cooked this very easy pasta recipe for my dinner. I am trying so hard not to eat fried foods so I shopped for vegetables last week. The original plan was to make smoothies using different vegetables but there was something wrong with my blender so I ended up looking for recipes which I can use the veggies I bought and not waste them. The real recipe has white wine, dried oregano leave but I didn't have those so I made use of whatever is available in our kitchen. And it turned out pretty good especially for those who want to eat healthy.

Here's my recipe:

Spaghetti noodles or your choice of any pasta, cooked al dente
Boneless chicken breast, sliced and rubbed with salt and pepper
Handful of spinach leaves
Half of zucchini, sliced
Mushroom buttons, sliced
Italian Herbs seasoning. Maybe dried rosemary and thyme will also do.
Salt and Pepper
Garlic and Onions
Olive Oil
Parmesan Cheese

Procedure:

Cook pasta according to package directions.
 
Saute garlic and onions. Add chicken and cook until brown. Add mushroom, spinach and zucchini, cook for about 4 minutes. Add some herb seasoning, salt and pepper. Toss cooked pasta to combine. Serve with parmesan cheese. 
 

No comments: