Thursday, August 27, 2015

I've deleted Tinder

I have deleted my Tinder account. And it's for good. Why? Because it isn't for me and it's not me.

When I first use it, I'd be lying if I say I didn't hope a little in meeting someone. I mean, I am single. Very, very single. I couldn't even remember the last time I talked to a guy or went out on a date. The people I work with and even my students would tell me every single day that I should be going out and meeting people at my age. Yes, I am 29. Should I be worried or what? After months of using it, wasting a lot of time and hurting my thumb into swiping, I realized that I don't want it. Not that I tried to build a really good profile and post a nice picture to make those men swipe to the right when they see my picture but it's just not me. Also, I had all the intention to be truthful with my profile and photo and I will never know if the men I am conversing with will tell the truth about themselves too. In short, I don't want to waste more time. I would often joked that it's the "boys at your fingertips" but again, it's not for me. I am not judging those people are who are using it because I used it too for months. Whatever are their reason for having an account, it's their choice. But me, I'm done with it. I have deleted my account and deleted the app in both my phone and computer.

There were matches. I have talked to few of them but it was just very, very short conversation. Some were nice. One was a total jerk. Two of them asked for my number. Yeah, I could probably meet someone nice and real men using the app but I have decided not to push things. If there will be someone coming into my life without the help of all those dating apps, then he will come at the right time. I've always believed that if it's God's will, it will happen and there's no way I could stop it.


No comments: