Thursday, February 3, 2011

Candelaria '11

I was invited by my tita to join the Candelaria. It is a feast of the Virgin Mary celebrated in my father's hometown Orani, Bataan. It was my paternal grandmother in our family who first joined. When she died, it was passed to my father's older sister. When she left for USA, it was passed to my father's youngest sister who is this year's Hermana Mayor.

I was dressed in brown gown with a blue accent in its waist. I also wore a headband, the same color as my belt. Oh, and I had my nail polished in blue.

The event started at around 7 in the morning with a procession in which I carried Baby Jesus (who's heavy). Then, we had mass afterward. There was also a late breakfast at my tita's resort and lunch that is open for everyone who would like to come.










No comments: