Friday, February 11, 2011

Late night thoughts

I wanted the Manila life. Or maybe I still want it minus the traffic and crimes. I like how time is so fast in the metro. I like how independence is practiced. I like the idea that I will get to meet other people. Most importantly, my girl friends are all in Manila and if I am there, it will be so easy to spend time with them.

I have been extremely stubborn on how much I want to live in Manila but after this trial on our family, I have decided to just stay in Bataan and build my life there. I have realized that this is not the time to be selfish. I have parents and niece to look after. I can't just leave because I want to. There are so many things to consider.

It will never be a problem to be with my friends. Manila is just a 3 hour drive from Bataan. We also have our annual summer trip and dinner once in a while.

I have always wanted a career. I wanted to be somebody. But I am a daughter, sister and auntie before anything else. My family needs me and I won't leave them.

No comments: