Monday, December 23, 2013

2013.

Just a few days before 2013 comes to its end so I thought of writing my year end entry. This year is not exactly the best year for me. So much things have happened. Some were good. And some I wish didn't happen.

The Good.

I couldn't be thankful enough that it has been more than a year since my mother was hospitalized. She has recovered well enough and has gained her strength. She was also able to go to USA to visit my sister and spend some time with her grandchildren though it was cut short by an unfortunate event.

My father has also continuously recovered from his hospitalization last 2010. He is still working and plays tennis as one of his exercise.

My 4 year old niece, Bella, started going to school. The first few weeks were difficult because she didn't want to study but she has learned to enjoy the activities. Not to mention, she has become extra talkative while the teacher discusses. Oh, and she has gained friends too.

My US based sister gave birth to a very healthy, strong and handsome baby boy, Jacob. I only met him through Skype and I can't wait til I get to hug and kiss the little boy.

Last August, we celebrated one of my grandmother's 84th birthday. She has Alzheimer's disease and while the whole family is sad that she is sick but we are glad that we still get to celebrate her birthday with her.

I am halfway through my MBA! It's not gonna be easy but I am so happy that I am doing well. I love taking up MBA. I love Graduate School. I love UST. It keeps me sane. And I made new friends through my classmates and professors.

Just last November, I was able to send my life peg Tweetie de Leon - Gonzalez a crochet bag that I made for her. Would you believe that? She replied to my tweet! It made me so, so happy!

I turned 28 this year. Yes, 28. And I am still single if you may ask. I am still looking forward to the day that the right person will come my way. I just wish that when he comes, I am ready. My heart is ready to fall in love as if it has never been broken.

A certain person taught me the lesson I thought I'd never learn. There were days that I wish he didn't come back into my life but he had a purpose. There was a lesson that needed to be learned.

And the one thing I wish didn't happen -- death of Kuya Peping, my uncle.

I know that his death means he will be able to join the Creator and he will be free from all the sufferings he has while he was still alive, I am still so sad that he is gone. I never thought we would lose him so early. He was just 63 years old. It still hasn't sank into me yet that he is gone. He visited me in my dreams 4 times since he died last July 12. I still cry when I think of him. Yes, I was able to take care of him while he was sick by cooking his foods but it wasn't enough. I wish I had longer chance.I look at his house everyday and I feel the emptiness. We used to see him at his dirty kitchen cooking his food, drinking coffee and doing his laundry but for a very short period of time, he has gotten so weak due to his sickness. His last few days were so difficult. He could barely move his own body. He had to be carried. He hardly eaten. I would have gladly prepared all the food he wanted to eat for as long as I can. I just wish he was able to recover. We miss him so much. Family gatherings will never be the same without Kuya.

2013 may not be the best year but it wasn't the worst either, at least for me. If I am to compare my problems to those have been greatly affected by Typhoon Yolanda, mine is just so small. Or probably incomparable. Those people have been through an unimaginable suffering. They have lost everything - houses, business, work, and family members. I pray that these people get to recover little by little. I have believed in God's miracles. For as long as we have faith, there is God. He will never leave us all alone.

So here's to happy last few days of 2013 and to a wonderful, happy, healthy, meaningful 2014! I claim that 2014 is my year to finally fall in love and be swept off my feel! :)))

No comments: