Monday, April 6, 2015

I WAS SLAPPED

Not literally. At least FIGURATIVELY.

What I am about to write may not make sense but I've been meaning to write about it for about a week already and I felt like I needed to say something about it without actually talking about it if you know what I mean.

There was this guy I've met sometime in 2009. I liked him but he was in a relationship. He was this person that I felt so connected with. We stopped talking. Two or three years later, we talked again. I thought it could be our chance to be together. He was in a relationship once again. And for him, I was just amusing and interesting. We remained friends. At least for me. We stopped talking again. We talked again. And we stopped talking again. Until we really stopped talking. The guy never actually liked me. I had to move on.

About two weeks ago, I checked his Facebook. I don't know why. Maybe I was curious how is he doing nowadays. By the way, he has a girlfriend. And I was surprised to know that he's now a dad. Yup, he's got a baby boy. I'd be hypocrite if I say I didn't feel a tiny pinch in my heart. I did. It felt like a was slapped right through my face. I am not in love with him anymore but I was slapped with the fact that maybe if he tried to be with me before, it's us who could have started a family. But then again, I was just amusing and interesting. I never forgot those two words he used to describe. It was more of an insult rather than a compliment.

I am happy for him. Really, I am. It may sound stupid or something but he deserves a family of his own after what he has been through. He had a rough time with a woman he loved so much and now that he has found the person he's gonna spend with the rest of his life, I should just pray for their lifelong happiness.

No comments: